Monday, October 26, 2009

Glad but sad to be back...


I know that many of us are missing La Limonada immensely! It is a hard transition to return to our normal routines after experiencing everything we did in Guatemala. I know I would go back today if it was possible, but the daily responsibilities of work, family and life in general keeps me from jumping back on that plane at the moment.

I am determined to go back! I miss the kids, the teachers, Tita, Leah, Kate, the schools, the natural beauty that could be found all around us (especially in the faces of the children of La Limonada), our van rides to and from the ghetto, our nightly devotion time, our group members, the food, the coffee, Teresita and Gussy...believe me, I could go on and on! I wish everyone could experience the feeling of a full heart like I am right now!

To all of our group members:

Thank you so much for spending the week with me and sharing yourselves in a way that I have never whitnessed before. You are each amazing individuals and a critical piece of our group! I will never forget this trip and will alway cherish the time we spent together!!

I am glad to be back, but I think we all will have a long time of saddness about leaving such an amazing place!

No comments:

Post a Comment